Matta not such a bad guy
-
oldxu
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:54 pm
- Contact:
Matta not such a bad guy
If Thad wouldn't have left like he did and when he did, we at Xavier, more than likely, would have lost Coach Miller to another university. I didn't think Thad did a bad job when he was here but it is clear that we got the better end of the deal with Coach Miller. Thanks Thad. Enjoy the NIT.
Sanity is a one trick pony -- all you have is rational thought. But when you're good and loony, the sky's the limit
-
rickf
- Posts: 770
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:21 pm
- Contact:
Re: Matta not such a bad guy
I also feel we lucked out. By the way where are the FIRE MILLER posters. Please re-identify yourselves.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Matta not such a bad guy
Interesting point. From everything I heard, Thad would have been gone in no more than another 2 years, so would Miller have still been at X to take over the reigns? Hmmm.
And I'd say the moves have turned out well for both schools. Thad took OSU to the Finals, and Miller has X back to the Sweet 16. Pretty much a win-win, I'd say. Both schools are happy with the guy they have.
And I'd say the moves have turned out well for both schools. Thad took OSU to the Finals, and Miller has X back to the Sweet 16. Pretty much a win-win, I'd say. Both schools are happy with the guy they have.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Matta not such a bad guy
Thad took OSU to the Finals
Correction ... Three "Rentals" took osu to the finals .. them and a horsesh$t call against XU.
And, those "student athletes" will really up whatshisname's graduation rate there.
I wouldn't trade Sean Miller for anybody!
Correction ... Three "Rentals" took osu to the finals .. them and a horsesh$t call against XU.
And, those "student athletes" will really up whatshisname's graduation rate there.
I wouldn't trade Sean Miller for anybody!
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Matta not such a bad guy
Get over it, Wise. If Matta was still at X and I was criticizing him, you'd be defending him. And we lost to OSU because our guys spit the bit down the stretch, not because of one call.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
beefhouse
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:31 pm
- Contact:
IF Miller would be lured away by a bigger name program
Who would you like to see take his place? An assistant or another head coach?
- muskieman
- Posts: 26783
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Matta not such a bad guy
Are you saying a person is loved more by you when they are gone?Mr. Neutral wrote:Get over it, Wise. If Matta was still at X and I was criticizing him, you'd be defending him. And we lost to OSU because our guys spit the bit down the stretch, not because of one call.
The second point you make is hardly correct because with an flagrant foul X would have been given the ball and osu would not have even had a chance to shoot that three.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Matta not such a bad guy
Do you mean if Miller were to leave? No idea. I'd have to see who the candidates are.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
beefhouse
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:31 pm
- Contact:
Re: Matta not such a bad guy
Yes. Obviously Miller will draw attention from Indiana or any other big-time opening over the next few weeks. IF he left, do you think Xavier should promote from within or look outside the system?
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Matta not such a bad guy
Again, can't say at this point because we don't have the names of hot assistants or current head coaches looking to move up.
If it's anybody internally, I'd say it has to be Mack (which I predicted years ago).
If it's anybody internally, I'd say it has to be Mack (which I predicted years ago).
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 606 guests
