http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/nc ... p#comments
Monday, March 31, 2008
Offseason market
It's been a bad couple of days to be an IU fan. First, Tony Bennett turned down the Hoosiers. Then, today interim coach Dan Dakich booted Armon Bassett and Jamarcus Ellis off the team for missing team meetings, according to the Indy Star. Meanwhile, back-channel discussion persists about the future of the Hoosiers' Jordan Crawford. And oh yeah, incoming point guard recruit Terrell Holloway has already gotten out of his letter of intent.
In other words, there are some players to be had if any team needs some. Anybody know a team in need of a point guard next season? Oh, that's right, Xavier.
Now, Xavier doesn't have any available scholarships, but I haven't covered a season yet where a player or two hasn't transferred out after the season. Xavier has two obvious transfer candidates in Adrion Graves and Charles Bronson. The realist in me would be surprised if one or both were back next season. That's just the nature of the college basketball beast.
So not only am I hearing that Sean Miller -- who publicly stated his intention to return to Xavier next season -- is not interested in the Indiana job (and why would he be; no players + no postseason = not a whole lot of fun), but Xavier might be in position to land some of those former IU players/recruits if any of Xavier's current players should transfer out.
_____________________________________________________________
Anyone else have a problem with Dustin Dow, the beat writer for Xavier basketball for the Cincinnati Enquirer, writing on the Enquirer's website that he expects either Bronson or Graves will transfer at the end of the year? Especially since there is really no evidence that either has entertained this idea? The thing is I would have had no problem with it had he not specifically mentioned either Graves or Bronson. I just want to know what others thought about it.
Sort of reminds me why Mike Gundy went off during the football season:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5VytIZZzee0
Dow's Blog, from yesterday
-
Biff Tannen
- Posts: 150
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:11 pm
- Contact:
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Dow's Blog, from yesterday
Dow's got his reporter obligations to deal with. If he had mentioned that one or more players would possibly transfer out of the program, people would probably email him asking who he was talking about.
Other posters have already opined that either AG or CB may leave based on the chance of very limited playing time next year.
I don't know what the best way to handle items like this is, but I see your point.
Other posters have already opined that either AG or CB may leave based on the chance of very limited playing time next year.
I don't know what the best way to handle items like this is, but I see your point.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26783
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Dow's Blog, from yesterday
If Sean wants those guys to stay the players could care less who is speculating they should go. If the players don't want to stay for any reason they will go. The Pope at his Easter Homily could give his opinion and it would not faze the players or the coaches.
Dustin is speculating and that is all it is right now. He does give us something to talk about.
.
Dustin is speculating and that is all it is right now. He does give us something to talk about.
.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
xuhuh!
- Posts: 3656
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Dow's Blog, from yesterday
the will be redshirts.....and a choice between education and p.t. plays into it
-
xuwburg
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:43 am
- Contact:
Re: Dow's Blog, from yesterday
I was a little surprised to see it written that those players might transfer, but it's a blog, not an actual newspaper article and that's what's so great about blogs (and message boards) is that you can speculate more than a newspaper could write.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 455 guests
