Not sure who is next in line at Western, but it seems like a good fit for Chris. Midwest guy, above average league, close to his parents in Cincinnati and Bowling Green is a good spot to be--close when Miller finally decides to leave.
Chris is a top notch recruiter. I don't think he would want or should start in a lower league than Western's or Horizon (Wright State also comes to mind). We are at the point where our assistants should be seriously evaluated by other programs. He is 39 and should be ready, but you have to choose a place where you can be successful.
Western Kentucky--nice fit for Chris Mack
-
Lead Guitar
- Posts: 622
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
- Contact:
-
drudy23
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:32 pm
- Contact:
Re: Western Kentucky--nice fit for Chris Mack
Two questions:Lead Guitar wrote:Not sure who is next in line at Western, but it seems like a good fit for Chris. Midwest guy, above average league, close to his parents in Cincinnati and Bowling Green is a good spot to be--close when Miller finally decides to leave.
Chris is a top notch recruiter. I don't think he would want or should start in a lower league than Western's or Horizon (Wright State also comes to mind). We are at the point where our assistants should be seriously evaluated by other programs. He is 39 and should be ready, but you have to choose a place where you can be successful.
1) Why does he have to go to a program close to his parents?
2) Why does he have to be close when Miller leaves?
My translation:
1) Is he a momma's boy?
2) If Chris Mack is our next coach, I will jump out of my office window.
-
Lead Guitar
- Posts: 622
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Western Kentucky--nice fit for Chris Mack
No one said he has to be near his parents, but if you look around there are sons and daughters with children of their own that like to share their success with their parents. Grandparents like to see their grand children. In some families that still happens today.
I have no inside information, but if you look at Huggins and his father and his alma mater and Sean Miller and his father, and on and on...some people take that into consideration. How many times have we heard that a recruit wants to stay near home so that his family can see him play. Who does the camera pan during the game.
Maybe you did not understand the intention of the post--"....could be a nice fit." Nearby family, friends and home--and, when the time comes, he could be our next coach. He is the one that has recruited our best class ever and very involved with the game plans.
I have no inside information, but if you look at Huggins and his father and his alma mater and Sean Miller and his father, and on and on...some people take that into consideration. How many times have we heard that a recruit wants to stay near home so that his family can see him play. Who does the camera pan during the game.
Maybe you did not understand the intention of the post--"....could be a nice fit." Nearby family, friends and home--and, when the time comes, he could be our next coach. He is the one that has recruited our best class ever and very involved with the game plans.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Western Kentucky--nice fit for Chris Mack
On one hand, it is kind of surprising that as successful as our program has been for the last 25 years, our assistants haven't really made many inroads into head coaching jobs.
On the other hand, our head men have moved on, and it seems like it's either head coaches at the non-BCS programs or assistants at BCS programs who tend to get hired, so I can see how our assistants haven't broken through yet.
On the other hand, our head men have moved on, and it seems like it's either head coaches at the non-BCS programs or assistants at BCS programs who tend to get hired, so I can see how our assistants haven't broken through yet.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
xeus
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:50 pm
- Contact:
Re: Western Kentucky--nice fit for Chris Mack
Hey, if you jump out your office window, can you call me first? I'm just a few floors below you and would love to get a picture of you on your way down.drudy23 wrote:
Two questions:
1) Why does he have to go to a program close to his parents?
2) Why does he have to be close when Miller leaves?
My translation:
1) Is he a momma's boy?
2) If Chris Mack is our next coach, I will jump out of my office window.
Welcome fellow scholars.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Western Kentucky--nice fit for Chris Mack
When Mack was hired by X as an asst., I predicted he'd be our head coach some day, so I'd suggest a windowless office, drudy. He may leave and come back, but I think he'll be our guy at some point.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
Brian Fantana
- Posts: 170
- Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Western Kentucky--nice fit for Chris Mack
Chris Mack WILL be the next HEAD COaCH at X, unlessMiller does stay for 5+ more years
"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time."
-
skyhops
- Posts: 3926
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Western Kentucky--nice fit for Chris Mack
I really can't imagine Vanilla Ice Mack being the next coach at X. I know I'll catch ***** for this but he was a real chump at X while we both were there. He doens't exude the class that Sean and other coaches have during their tenure at X.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Western Kentucky--nice fit for Chris Mack
You might be right, sky, but I'd have to imagine that Mack has matured some in the intervening years, like we all do as we get older. I'd like to know what people in the program think of him as a person.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
Brian Fantana
- Posts: 170
- Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Western Kentucky--nice fit for Chris Mack
The early '90s and 2008 are VERY different times.
I'm sure he's matured
He IS SHARP
How can one say he has "less class" than Miller???
I'm sure he's matured
He IS SHARP
How can one say he has "less class" than Miller???
"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time."
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 509 guests
