I have no problem with rumors on this board (even false ones if they pertain to UD - love to see those people start to go crazy which is a short trip) but for a rumor to be creditable, it has to be "possible."
So, when a rumor is posted saying Jamie is going to leave Pitt for Stanford, thus having Sean leaving for Pitt, the rumor- starter (this time 'olsingledigit) must first STOP and THINK.
1) The AD at Stanford said they couldn't keep Trent because the LSU job pays double what they could offer. Think he ain't making more at Pitt than Trent was at Stanford?
2) If Jamie was going west because his wife is from California (the only reason pundits can come up with) then wouldn't he have taken the Cal job? (Not that it was even offered). Think the Cal job is higher paying than Stanford?
So, stop and think ... but concentrate on who is going to fill jobs that Miller ain't gonna take.
Miller is here to stay guys.
What jobs are great rumor mills ... Oklahoma State/Kansas, Providence/UMass (if Travis leaves), Kentucky/OSU (if Billy leaves)
FIRST ... STOP AND THINK
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
-
Goodenchiladas
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:26 am
- Contact:
Re: FIRST ... STOP AND THINK
Stanford lost the Lopez twins to the NBA, while Katz projects Pitt to be #3 next year. Maybe that is an optimistic projection about Pitt for next year, but top 10, top 15 expectations and Big East favorites are very realistic. Dixon probably isn't going to leave Pitt for Stanford.
You are wrong about Dixon not having ties to California, however. He grew up in Southern California. I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up at Arizona someday. Or UCLA.
Enough of the coaching carousel already. Kruger to Stanford, Calipari to Oklahoma State and Grant to Memphis. And Providence disbands their basketball program due to embarassment over multiple rejections.
You are wrong about Dixon not having ties to California, however. He grew up in Southern California. I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up at Arizona someday. Or UCLA.
Enough of the coaching carousel already. Kruger to Stanford, Calipari to Oklahoma State and Grant to Memphis. And Providence disbands their basketball program due to embarassment over multiple rejections.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26785
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: FIRST ... STOP AND THINK
I thought my rumor was the best! It had everything, except Bennett going somewhere.
I heard another...Wooden to UCLA so the Bruins could take the next step.
I heard another...Wooden to UCLA so the Bruins could take the next step.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
xavierj
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: FIRST ... STOP AND THINK
Dixon grew up in the bronx but did go to high school in California and then college in Texas.Goodenchiladas wrote:Stanford lost the Lopez twins to the NBA, while Katz projects Pitt to be #3 next year. Maybe that is an optimistic projection about Pitt for next year, but top 10, top 15 expectations and Big East favorites are very realistic. Dixon probably isn't going to leave Pitt for Stanford.
You are wrong about Dixon not having ties to California, however. He grew up in Southern California. I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up at Arizona someday. Or UCLA.
Enough of the coaching carousel already. Kruger to Stanford, Calipari to Oklahoma State and Grant to Memphis. And Providence disbands their basketball program due to embarassment over multiple rejections.
-
xcellent
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: FIRST ... STOP AND THINK
I completely agree. I know there is alot of speculation on this board, but I atleast make it plausible. Like the "Miller to South Carolina" thread or whatever, stupid rumors that aren't even close to reality. I like reading and commenting on good threads, not stupid outrageous rumors. The next time someone wants to post that Sean is going to kentucky, because his uncles, girlfriends, teachers, lawyers, postman's, father's, neighbors, co-workers, brother lives there, please, shut-up. This may be the beer talking, but whatever.
-
MADXSTER
- Posts: 83
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: FIRST ... STOP AND THINK
I heard a rumor that muskieman was going to buy everyone a drink at Dana's before the first exhibition game. Anyone else hear this rumor?
-
wkrq59
- Posts: 1508
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
- Contact:
Re: FIRST ... STOP AND THINK
Amen Owl
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 694 guests
