ESPN Article on Skip's relationship with CP3, DWest, JHoward

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26783
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: ESPN Article on Skip's relationship with CP3, DWest, JHoward

Postby muskieman » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:02 pm

Skip would always say about certain players that they were a good player but a better person. Skip was a better person and we all are a bit better for knowing him. I am sure Brian and Skip can be found in that "Hap's in Heaven" bar having a cold Guinness.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: ESPN Article on Skip's relationship with CP3, DWest, JHoward

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:03 pm

A great compliment to the players and Skip.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26783
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: ESPN Article on Skip's relationship with CP3, DWest, JHoward

Postby muskieman » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:21 pm

Skip was so much to so many people. Look at when Huggins went down and was in the hospital...Skip found a way to visit him, in fact, Huggins has brought that up many times. Skip could have taken the adversary position and the crosstown enemy but instead took a purely Christian attitude of making everyone his friend. Look at how he stayed in touch with former players and while brutally honest with them did it in a way to make them feel like it was not a knock on them. Look at Skip attendance at funerals like Father Hoff ...he didn't step to the front but laid back like the rest of the people. Skip looked out for the health and education of every player and I remember well his chalkboard quotes as he taught the players that the game was only a part of their life. As a coach he was amazing at the depth of his knowledge on almost every topic and certainly challenged the position that most coaches knew X's and Os but not much more.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 637 guests