Couple of interesting disciplinary items from around the world of college basketball.
Tennessee Coach Bruce Pearl has dismissed Duke Crews and Ramar Smith from the basketball program. The dismissals were not from one specific incident, but from "problems over a period of time."
As Mr. Neutral said in another thread, Indiana Coach Tom Crean will not reinstate Armon Bassett or Jamarcus Ellis who were kicked off the team after last season by Dan Dakich.
Respect goes to those coaches who aren't afraid to drop guys who apparently don't want to do what they are supposed to do. Not only that, with the story out about Chris Lofton's cancer, my respect for Bruce Pearl is definitely enhanced. While he's still somewhat of a showhorse, to me, he's a fun showhorse that doesn't damage the game.
How different would Duke Crews' career be if he went to XU?
Maybe no different, but.......
Collegiate Discipline
-
Masterofreality
- Posts: 979
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
- Contact:
Collegiate Discipline
PAY THE MAN!!!!
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Collegiate Discipline
When I saw the subject heading, I had high hopes for something involving naughty cheerleaders and a stern college dean. And then MOR had to ruin it with actual news items.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26785
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Collegiate Discipline
Problems over a a period of time. I am glad that some coaches give kids a second and maybe third chance but then have the guts and knowledge to know when to dismiss a player. I got to talk to Pearl last year before and then after the X game and while I was not a fan before that his personality made me like him. While the game is important to him I liked the way he talked to his players as they would walk up to him to ask a question.Masterofreality wrote:Couple of interesting disciplinary items from around the world of college basketball.
Tennessee Coach Bruce Pearl has dismissed Duke Crews and Ramar Smith from the basketball program. The dismissals were not from one specific incident, but from "problems over a period of time."
As Mr. Neutral said in another thread, Indiana Coach Tom Crean will not reinstate Armon Bassett or Jamarcus Ellis who were kicked off the team after last season by Dan Dakich.
Respect goes to those coaches who aren't afraid to drop guys who apparently don't want to do what they are supposed to do. Not only that, with the story out about Chris Lofton's cancer, my respect for Bruce Pearl is definitely enhanced. While he's still somewhat of a showhorse, to me, he's a fun showhorse that doesn't damage the game.
How different would Duke Crews' career be if he went to XU?
Maybe no different, but.......
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
MuskieCinci
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 pm
- Contact:
Re: Collegiate Discipline
Don't forget about Curtis Kelly and Doug Wiggins from UConn, who were "encouraged to leave", which makes it sound pretty shady to me.
-
Masterofreality
- Posts: 979
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
- Contact:
Re: Collegiate Discipline
Must be a rainy day in Chi-Town, Moose.Mr. Neutral wrote:When I saw the subject heading, I had high hopes for something involving naughty cheerleaders and a stern college dean. And then MOR had to ruin it with actual news items.
PAY THE MAN!!!!
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Collegiate Discipline
Somewhat, but I managed to play 18 in the AM, and then go to Arlington Park to watch the Derby. Won minor $$$ on Big Brown.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 468 guests
