If the story's true, how sweet would that be to show up for your freshman year and see that your roomie's got a flat-screen TV, spare cash, and who knows what other goodies? When I showed up at X, I only brought a crappy turntable and two small speakers!
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... 20384/1062
Mayo was probably a great college roommate!
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Mayo was probably a great college roommate!
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26785
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Mayo was probably a great college roommate!
Is his the direct result of the one-and-done rules. Mayo would have never gone through a charade of a year in college if not forced to. The NCAA benefits from the big stars and the NBA gets a free year of training and evaluation against top competition.
And by the way gary, back then you were considered a rich roommate. Mine only brought his problem with flatulence. Remember that frig/freezer we had in each room? (Plastic bag hanging out the window!)
And by the way gary, back then you were considered a rich roommate. Mine only brought his problem with flatulence. Remember that frig/freezer we had in each room? (Plastic bag hanging out the window!)
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
passthepuck?
- Posts: 304
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am
- Contact:
Re: Mayo was probably a great college roommate!
O.J. Mayo should hold a news conference. He should sit down behind the microphones, clear his throat and say “So what” and then get up and leave the room.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Mayo was probably a great college roommate!
mm, I had forgotten about using Mother Nature's refrigerator (the window sill) for both food and beer. I'll never forget two guys I knew in Brockman who had the luxury of a small fridge, and threw some old food out the window to make room for beer.
On Sunday, they were out of food and money, so they went outside, got the food, brought it back in, and ate it. It's a miracle we didn't get sicker than we did.
And, pass, you might be right, but it is another example of how less-than-pure the whole system is. I don't know what the answer is; maybe there isn't any.
On Sunday, they were out of food and money, so they went outside, got the food, brought it back in, and ate it. It's a miracle we didn't get sicker than we did.
And, pass, you might be right, but it is another example of how less-than-pure the whole system is. I don't know what the answer is; maybe there isn't any.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26785
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Mayo was probably a great college roommate!
G, I will never forget one winter the beer froze and can became distorted. We were sleeping and heard this bang, couldn't figure out what it was until the next day when we found the beer. Frozen beer was good when it first started to thaw as the alcohol content was higher.
As for a perfect system, name one? I think you just have to keep trying with the mind set of improving the former system and when you catch programs don't just tell them they were wrong make them pay a price. These guys(alums, etc) have all day to think up ways around the rules...kind of like all criminals which to some level they are. I think Mayo was just taking what was given him unfortunately morals are not everyones big suit because society teaches people to rationalize their personal enjoyment over the good of all.
As for a perfect system, name one? I think you just have to keep trying with the mind set of improving the former system and when you catch programs don't just tell them they were wrong make them pay a price. These guys(alums, etc) have all day to think up ways around the rules...kind of like all criminals which to some level they are. I think Mayo was just taking what was given him unfortunately morals are not everyones big suit because society teaches people to rationalize their personal enjoyment over the good of all.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- olsingledigit
- Posts: 6080
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
- Contact:
Re: Mayo was probably a great college roommate!
Gary, a turntable and speakers? My contribution to my room consisted of bringing my $30 portable typewriter (with one bad key - the "s" I believe) on which I typed term papers for others at 50 cents per page. Hey, at 15 cents a draft at both the Varsity Mug and Dana's that made for a lot of drinking.
I would have typed your term papers for free just for bringing the turntable and speakers.
I would have typed your term papers for free just for bringing the turntable and speakers.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Mayo was probably a great college roommate!
Trust me, single, my turntable/speakers setup was more towards "crappy" than "home entertainment system" on the quality scale.
But, if you were drunk enough, as we usually were, it sounded OK.
Not good; OK.
But, if you were drunk enough, as we usually were, it sounded OK.
Not good; OK.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 848 guests
