http://media.www.dailytarheel.com/media ... 0863.shtml
It's buried in this article about North Carolina's Ty Lawson.
Burrell's worked out with the Nuggets
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Burrell's worked out with the Nuggets
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
XUdenver
- Posts: 186
- Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Burrell's worked out with the Nuggets
Considering how much defense the No-Guts actually play here, I think Burrell could be a great fit. Maybe something along the lines of Bruce Bowen, or Posey.
For those who don't know, Justin Cage also plays here locally for the Colorado 14'ers of the Devlopmental League. I think he averaged 12 and 6, at least last time I checked.
For those who don't know, Justin Cage also plays here locally for the Colorado 14'ers of the Devlopmental League. I think he averaged 12 and 6, at least last time I checked.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Burrell's worked out with the Nuggets
We'd all like to see Stan find a spot in the NBA, but Bowen's 6'6", Posey's 6'7", and both are dangerous 3-pt. shooters. You don't find many 6'1" defensive stoppers who are also inconsistent shooters in the league.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Burrell's worked out with the Nuggets
Stan by history is not an inconsistent hitter. He had a bad shooting year by some standards his senior year. I am sure the shooting touch he had in prior years shows that he can be a scorer.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Burrell's worked out with the Nuggets
mm, Stan's FG% for his 4 years at X were 41%, 41%, 38% and 39%. His percentages from the 3-pt line were decent/good, but that's the college 3, and if you recall, he was VERY streaky.
I hope Stan finds a spot in the NBA (or overseas, for that matter), but his offense (or lack of) is going to be one thing that holds him back. His size will be another, as will his ballhandling.
I hope Stan finds a spot in the NBA (or overseas, for that matter), but his offense (or lack of) is going to be one thing that holds him back. His size will be another, as will his ballhandling.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 905 guests
