Draft notes re Duncan

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Draft notes re Duncan

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:34 am

This guy has Josh going to Seattle at the #43 spot. http://thepeoplessportsblog.blogspot.co ... ft-40.html



This blogger puts JD #68 amongst potential draftees.
http://thefdhlounge.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... erall.html
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Draft notes re Duncan

Postby muskieman » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:51 pm

I am surprised to see #53 is PatCalathes on your blogger's list and Daniels is below Duncan.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
MarvAlbert
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:59 am
Contact:

Re: Draft notes re Duncan

Postby MarvAlbert » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:09 pm

take the first mock with a grain of salt considering he has new orleans taking a JJ Hickson with their first round pick to give them size (he's the same size as west) and to run the floor with paul...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Draft notes re Duncan

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:19 am

On the Hornets official blog, each of the guys they brought in to work out was asked about himself, and other players in the draft. Here's what Frank Elegar (Drexel) had to say about Josh:


[url]Q: Who is your draft sleeper, a guy who is not getting much publicity right now but has a chance to be a very solid player in the NBA?
A: Josh Duncan out of Xavier, he really kind of came out of nowhere. He worked hard down in Portsmouth (Invitational Tournament) and really got a lot of teams noticing him and showing interest in him.
[/url]
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Draft notes re Duncan

Postby muskieman » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:40 am

Came out of nowhere? I guess none of them watched the NCAA tourney this year or last against OSU. I hope Josh gets a good chance with a team needing a player like him.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
XU Rocks!
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Draft notes re Duncan

Postby XU Rocks! » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:55 pm

I think Josh will be drafted. He has much more in the way of rebounding and shooting skills than James Posey. He may not have the smothering defensive athleticism of Posey, but he is no slouch on defense. So I predict when it is all said and done, Josh will have a better NBA career than Posey, whose he's survived for a pretty long time in the NBA, with two World Championship rings to boot.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Draft notes re Duncan

Postby muskieman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:11 pm

how do you classify "BETTER" NBA career?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Draft notes re Duncan

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:47 pm

<<He has much more in the way of rebounding and shooting skills than James Posey. >>

I would hope that JD, a power forward, would be a better rebounder than Posey, a small forward who was guarding Bryant, a SG, during the Finals.
But if you look at draftexpress.com's ratings for PF's in a number of categories, JD came up towards the bottom in rebounds per 40 minutes. Moses Malone, he ain't.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1024 guests