Some GOOD news about our "WKRQ"

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Some GOOD news about our "WKRQ"

Postby muskieman » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:50 am

Just got this e-mail from his wife 6-27-2008

Bob came through the reconnection surgery well this morning. He returned to his room alert and with his pain controlled with a new gizmo that is in the shape of a softball, filled with something like lidocaine which washes over the surgical area for 4 or 5 days. He was asking for nibbles but was only rewarded with ice. The dr. said there was no new cancer, so Bob's anxiety about eating his last meal and telling me which bills to pay isn't necessary. Thank you for your concern and prayers. He is in Room 531 at Mercy Mt. Airy and depending how fast his tubing recovers and begins functioning after a year out of commission, he will come home in 3-10 days.


This might make the weekend a little better for some of us.

GO "Q"
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Some GOOD news about our "WKRQ"

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:02 am

Best wishes to Q. Good people should have long lives (which is probably not good news for some of us).
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Wisexuowl
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Some GOOD news about our "WKRQ"

Postby Wisexuowl » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:25 am

Hip .. Hip .. Hooray!
Poppa Bear is just that ... a great fighter, and a great example of what XU is all about.
I owe him much in my life success in my choosen field. We go back centuries, well not really, but a helluva long time.
Great to know that I will have his counsel for a long, long time to come!
Masterofreality
Posts: 979
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Some GOOD news about our "WKRQ"

Postby Masterofreality » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Great News.

The Bear is tough as nails!!!
PAY THE MAN!!!!
wkrq59
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 am
Contact:

Re: Some GOOD news about our "WKRQ"

Postby wkrq59 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:30 pm

To say I'm grateful is beyond hyperbole. My. Dr. says he can't believe I healed so fast, but I know the real reason. Can't drive for about 10 days, but I'll have the staples, stitches and (GLUE??? Yeah, I can't believe that, too) out and be good to go.
The angel family did it's work and St. Jude gets extra in his envelope next month.
Thanks so much to each and every one of you. It's a big prayer debt but I try every day to repay it.
q :mrgreen:
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Some GOOD news about our "WKRQ"

Postby muskieman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:26 pm

God has more work for you to do.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
nickgyp
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Some GOOD news about our "WKRQ"

Postby nickgyp » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:25 pm

Q:

Haven't posted in some time but I wanted to let you know that things are looking up for you. Continue to get well!!!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Some GOOD news about our "WKRQ"

Postby muskieman » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:00 am

We are truly lucky to have a guy like "Q" around here. In fact we are lucky to have a few of our posters with their background at X.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 976 guests