From july 1st Indiana Pacers Blogs : Bruno’s Blog
Plenty of local flavor on summer roster
"the Pacers will hold their annual rookie and free agent camp this week, beginning Thursday in Conseco Fieldhouse. Among the veterans, Shawne Williams and Stephen Graham are expected to participate. There will also be local flavor in the form of guards Stanley Burrell (an Indianapolis native who attended Xavier), Earl Calloway (Indiana), David Teague (Purdue) and Pete Campbell (Butler)."
Burrell will be at pacer's camp.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Burrell will be at pacer's camp.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Burrell will be at pacer's camp.
IF visitors are allowed in, we'd appreciate any thoughts from our Indy contingent on how SB looks against the other Pacers rookies and free-agents.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Burrell will be at pacer's camp.
I hope the local paper and the Indy Blogs might have something.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Muskie
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:16 pm
- Contact:
Re: Burrell will be at pacer's camp.
There's also a side gym that the general public can observe at Conseco from behind glass. even when the practices won't be open to the public on the main floor, it's still possible to watch the practice court unless Bird has them close the curtains. They were open last summer.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Burrell will be at pacer's camp.
Sounds like Muskie is going to be our crack reporter! All who agree say yeah.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Muskie
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:16 pm
- Contact:
Re: Burrell will be at pacer's camp.
I'll let you guys know if I'm able to get down there and see anything.muskieman wrote:Sounds like Muskie is going to be our crack reporter! All who agree say yeah.
- olsingledigit
- Posts: 6080
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
- Contact:
Re: Burrell will be at pacer's camp.
Nice story on SB on the local (Indy) CBS channel last night. He has survived the first round of cuts to get to the summer league team for the Pacers. If he makes that team, that is no guarantee that he will make the team in the fall.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Burrell will be at pacer's camp.
Here's a link to an IndyStar.com story about Burrell and other rookies/free agents. (Nothing definitive in it re his chances.)---
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... 8/SPORTS04
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... 8/SPORTS04
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1021 guests
