Anybody see the Deveroes Final today??
-
brownlavender
- Posts: 345
- Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:36 pm
- Contact:
Anybody see the Deveroes Final today??
I wanted to go but didn't have a chance. I'm not even sure what players of ours played today but I know the Slats team had Deonta Vaughn, Cashmere Wright and Yancy Gates on it. I thought the other team might of had Frease. Just curious as to see a box score or hear from anybody that went.
-
brownlavender
- Posts: 345
- Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:36 pm
- Contact:
-
jct1941
- Posts: 2117
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 am
- Contact:
Re: Anybody see the Devaroes Fianl toay??
I went and it was a close game. B.J Raymond was the whole show for Flessa. He had 38 points on 13 for 21 from the field, 8 for 14 from three, and 14 rebounds. Frease played only 16 minutes and was 1 for 6 from the field, 0 for 1 from three, 5 rebounds, and FOUR blocks (two against Gates) but really was not a focal point of the offense. Flessa's team shot 30 three point shots, and that left Frease as a non factor in the game. Mike Williams (UC) was the MVP with 24 points,8 for 13 from the field, 8 for 8 on FT's, and 18 rebounds. He was the best all-around player on the floor. Slats won the game 101 to 93. Slats had balanced scoring with Dixon 26 pts, Wight 12 pts, Vaughn 21 pts. Gates 13 pts. Gates was 5 for 15 from the field and had 9 rebounds in 26 minutes. Obviously it was mainly a Raymond against Williams game. It was entertaining, though.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26788
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Anybody see the Devaroes Fianl toay??
A defensive struggle!jct1941 wrote:I went and it was a close game. B.J Raymond was the whole show for Flessa. He had 38 points on 13 for 21 from the field, 8 for 14 from three, and 14 rebounds. Frease played only 16 minutes and was 1 for 6 from the field, 0 for 1 from three, 5 rebounds, and FOUR blocks (two against Gates) but really was not a focal point of the offense. Flessa's team shot 30 three point shots, and that left Frease as a non factor in the game. Mike Williams (UC) was the MVP with 24 points,8 for 13 from the field, 8 for 8 on FT's, and 18 rebounds. He was the best all-around player on the floor. Slats won the game 101 to 93. Slats had balanced scoring with Dixon 26 pts, Wight 12 pts, Vaughn 21 pts. Gates 13 pts. Gates was 5 for 15 from the field and had 9 rebounds in 26 minutes. Obviously it was mainly a Raymond against Williams game. It was entertaining, though.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
jct1941
- Posts: 2117
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 am
- Contact:
Re: Anybody see the Deveroes Final today??
Muskieman - Defense was very suspect. On a side note, I watched channel 19 and they had their coverage ( tilted toward UC) and DeJaun Baker was shown in the huddle saying that their guards were way better then Flessa's. Boy, was he ever right. Dixon, Wright, and Vaughn combined for 59 points to Stewart, Dean, and Byrd's 19. Forty point difference, WOW. Again, Frease was totally not part of the offense because they him setting picks at the top of the three point line and the guards would fire up threes or long two's completely having Frease out of rebounding position. They did play 18 minute halves (instead of 15 in regular season) so Frease did not even play half the game. I still think he will be the best player over the long haul.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26788
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Anybody see the Deveroes Final today??
This will be the UC boys super bowl...their lesson begins soon.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Lead Guitar
- Posts: 622
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Anybody see the Deveroes Final today??
It is interesting how the slant can change from week to week based on the writers college preference. The report on the UC blog by the Enquirer didn't even mention BJ's point total, but rather discussed Williams as the best player on the court and the MVP. (One UC comment even went so far as to say that UC is back and XU will be back to playing second fiddle, where we should be!)
If I recall, Graves was the MVP last year--that surely translated into the regular season. In the past, Mo Mcafee and David Young were MVP's, so as it has been written many times on this site, the summer league does not always translate into success during the regular season.
From what has been written, it appears that Williams will be a "Brian Thorton" type player for UC and will make a difference. I think a lot of UC fans think that we don't have much coming back. They might also be overestimating the impact of freshmen. Wait and see!
If I recall, Graves was the MVP last year--that surely translated into the regular season. In the past, Mo Mcafee and David Young were MVP's, so as it has been written many times on this site, the summer league does not always translate into success during the regular season.
From what has been written, it appears that Williams will be a "Brian Thorton" type player for UC and will make a difference. I think a lot of UC fans think that we don't have much coming back. They might also be overestimating the impact of freshmen. Wait and see!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26788
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Anybody see the Deveroes Final today??
(One UC comment even went so far as to say that UC is back and XU will be back to playing second fiddle, where we should be!)
Which will make it all the more painful for them and celebratory for us. That comment reminds me of the "dayton has passed X as a program" comment.
Oh, uc could win at the "shoe" ( and yes I know the name of the place but I boycott that name too) but I will take our upcoming season over theirs.
Which will make it all the more painful for them and celebratory for us. That comment reminds me of the "dayton has passed X as a program" comment.
Oh, uc could win at the "shoe" ( and yes I know the name of the place but I boycott that name too) but I will take our upcoming season over theirs.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1065 guests
