A lot of posters seemed very passionate about wanting to have Ohio State on Xavier’s schedule in the future, while some people didn’t care either way. Besides the teams that we play regularly, what are some dream match ups that you wish Xavier played more often?
I would love to see a Xavier vs. OSU match up occasionally, it would be great to play against Thad again and the game would mean more to both fan bases than the average game. It would be two quality opponents, and a chance for OSU to show if they really are the best basketball in Ohio. For us it would be a chance to redeem ourselves for fumbling our chance to beat them in the NCAA Tournament a couple years ago.
Other match ups I would love to see would be Kentucky, Memphis, and a West Coast power. Kentucky is another big regional power with a rich history, Memphis would be great because they are the top basketball program outside of the BCS conferences until we hopefully take that from them, and playing a West Coast power would be great to spread the prominence of Xavier even more nationally.
Dream Games
-
MuskieCinci
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 pm
- Contact:
-
tjxu97
- Posts: 151
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:59 am
- Contact:
Re: Dream Games
The West Coast teams have handed it to use every time we play them in recent years. I don't like the West coast team idea so much unless they come out east.
Another match up that we should be making frequently is with Marquette. Bring back the MCC glory days. Marquette always has a solid team year in and year out.
I thinkin plyaing one ACC school every year is also a no lose deal.
Another match up that we should be making frequently is with Marquette. Bring back the MCC glory days. Marquette always has a solid team year in and year out.
I thinkin plyaing one ACC school every year is also a no lose deal.
-
xutag77
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Dream Games
We could also buy a game at Loyola of Chicago for all the Chicago Alumni. In the BS (Before Staak) that was one of the only games on local TV.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Dream Games
I think X would make history if we have a buy game that we play in Chicago. I like the idea of a West Coast trip because we have lots of alums on the West Coast(I like Oregon or Oregon St). ACC schools(I wouldn't mind playing in Miami) and SEC schools (especially Tenn., Bama and UK). Big East school- my preference would be Nova, St John, DePaul (for Gary and crew), Georgetown.
As for B10, I'd take Mich., MSU, Indiana and Illinois any day over OSU. In fact I like Wisconsin over OSU.
Others include Zags, Creighton, Davidson, and Drake.
As for B10, I'd take Mich., MSU, Indiana and Illinois any day over OSU. In fact I like Wisconsin over OSU.
Others include Zags, Creighton, Davidson, and Drake.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
gym from delhi
- Posts: 733
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:42 pm
- Contact:
Re: Dream Games
I'd love to see Notre Dame again, but Mike Brey is too busy with out of conference cupcakes.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Dream Games
While I enjoyed my visit to ND a few years ago...except for the game, ND doesn't send chills up my spine. Once maybe every 15 years is enough for me.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
AlabamaMuskie
- Posts: 268
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:42 am
- Contact:
Re: Dream Games
My Dream Games (All 1 Home, 1 Away)
Non-Big Six Powers:
Memphis
Gonzaga
The Big Regionals that we almost never get to play:
Kentucky
Ohio State
Michigan
Louisville
Michigan State
The Far Away Big Boys:
North Carolina
Kansas
Arizona
Stanford
Uconn
The Good Guys (us) vs. the Bad Boys (them):
West Virginia
Maryland
UNLV
The Miller Connection:
Pittsburgh
Wake Forest - well, this is the Xavier connection
Ohio State (repeat)
The Good Guys vs. The Good Guys
Georgetown
St. John's
Villanova
Gonzaga (repeat)
Boston College
Seton Hall
I guess there many unlisted schools remaining...lol. But I would love to play all of the teams above, each for individual reasons.
Non-Big Six Powers:
Memphis
Gonzaga
The Big Regionals that we almost never get to play:
Kentucky
Ohio State
Michigan
Louisville
Michigan State
The Far Away Big Boys:
North Carolina
Kansas
Arizona
Stanford
Uconn
The Good Guys (us) vs. the Bad Boys (them):
West Virginia
Maryland
UNLV
The Miller Connection:
Pittsburgh
Wake Forest - well, this is the Xavier connection
Ohio State (repeat)
The Good Guys vs. The Good Guys
Georgetown
St. John's
Villanova
Gonzaga (repeat)
Boston College
Seton Hall
I guess there many unlisted schools remaining...lol. But I would love to play all of the teams above, each for individual reasons.
The former AsuncionMuskie
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1002 guests
