Martin is a Cardinal

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
D West
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:03 pm
Contact:

Martin is a Cardinal

Postby D West » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:51 pm

According to this blogger in Louisville, he chose U of L over X.
I hope he's wrong.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Martin is a Cardinal

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Sorry we lost out on Martin, but Sean continues to be in the hunt for very good players.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
BlueBlob
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Martin is a Cardinal

Postby BlueBlob » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:55 pm

This kid obviously signed with U of L to play with his buddy. That's fine. Good for him. We just signed a top 50 and the last I checked, we rocked Louisville the last time we played. Good luck to him. I hope he has success. I have total faith in Sean and the players he signs. Our program continues to progress and we're always in the mix for top players. We can't win them all, but those that do come to Xavier, leave with a degree and a successful future.
D West
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Martin is a Cardinal

Postby D West » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:12 pm

The beauty of this situation (I know, we have to look for the positives) but we grab a top 50 player this week and lose one. Now Sean sets his focus on another top 100 player in "Spoon". The beat goes on.

In years past Xavier didn't even pursue kids of this caliber and would spend their time trying to find sleepers. Now you get these kids to campus and expect to get them to commit. I wonder what the heck Pitino whispered in his ear to get him to verbal. The story about winning, graduating on time and having a chance to sign a pro contract isn't better than the one at X.

It's great being a Muskie fan!
Getreal
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: Martin is a Cardinal

Postby Getreal » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:50 pm

DWest, X is no longer recruiting Spoon. There are other fish in the pond that Miller has targeted.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Martin is a Cardinal

Postby muskieman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:23 pm

What is the saying-win one, lose one? If X gets 50% of the highly ranked players they go after, I will be happy.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
MuskieCinci
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Martin is a Cardinal

Postby MuskieCinci » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:32 am

The entire Xavier recruiting landscape has completely changed in every way this past week. We got Latham to sign, so everyone assumed we would focus all of our attention to Martin and Spoon. Then Martin commits somewhere else and we completely stop going after Spoon. I have no clue what the coaching staff has up their sleeves next, but I am very intrigued. Hopefully it works out for the best.
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Martin is a Cardinal

Postby Shadow » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:12 pm

So Martin is a Cardinal, if he had committed to X he may have made Pope.
His lose.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
D West
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Martin is a Cardinal

Postby D West » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:46 pm

Getreal wrote:DWest, X is no longer recruiting Spoon. There are other fish in the pond that Miller has targeted.

Ok, it appears you owe me an apology. Ok, not necessary.

Spoon is a Muskie!! That's all that counts.
Getreal
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: Martin is a Cardinal

Postby Getreal » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:15 am

Miller gave Spoon the "either your in or your out" ultimatum and I guess he changed his mind overnight. Happy to have him in the fold.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 940 guests