The first thing that jumps out is Jackson's line...34 minutes, 4 assists and 1 turnover. Good good offensive line. Asking him to be the lockdown guy on a hot opposing 2 or 3 may be too much, but if he could do it, we would become a much better team.
I'm not going to read anything into Derrick's line coming off an injury. I am a bit concerned about the Love + Frease offensive figures, our centers should have been eating these guys up with 16 offensive rebounds.
The rebounding margin was astounding, yet we only top Toledo 32-26 in the paint.
Big three day test coming up in PR.
Box Score notes
-
CarlosTheJackal
- Posts: 462
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
- Contact:
-
xupriests
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:10 pm
- Contact:
Re: Box Score notes
I must agree with the jackal. I know someone mentioned the guards and TO problems on the first half board, but the TO's were coming from the F and C positions. There is plenty of room for improvement, particularly on offense, but the team still looks impressive. I thought Jackson played well tonight and Frease took a step backwards from the first game. He's still a monster, I'm not too concerned about that.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Box Score notes
I was the one concerned about our guards, and I still am, until we see more solid performances. I didn't expect the turnoverfest from our experienced forwards, I have to admit, and Frease showed some freshmanitis, which is to be expected.
I expect every game to be an adventure, every game to be different, until well into the season.
I expect every game to be an adventure, every game to be different, until well into the season.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Box Score notes
I think the team looked better and more poised when Jackson was in the ballgame. Hit the first three at the start of the 1 st and 2nd half. Holloway looks to keep improving. Had some Chalmers drives and showed some Hawkins quickness bring the ball up the floor.
We must remember that the Toledo guards are more experienced so our guards really met the challenge protecting the ball.
We must remember that the Toledo guards are more experienced so our guards really met the challenge protecting the ball.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
madness31
- Posts: 2200
- Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:21 pm
- Contact:
Re: Box Score notes
Frease and Love were doubled most of the game so you can't expect them to put up big numbers. They did the right thing looking for open teammates.
Jackson looked great at point. Completely different player from game 1. Hopefully this is the fist of many strong performances from him whether at the 1 or 2 spot. Halloway and Redford both took care of the ball so if that continues, Jackson will be free to play more at shooting guard. Walsh could quickly become the odd man out this season.
Jackson looked great at point. Completely different player from game 1. Hopefully this is the fist of many strong performances from him whether at the 1 or 2 spot. Halloway and Redford both took care of the ball so if that continues, Jackson will be free to play more at shooting guard. Walsh could quickly become the odd man out this season.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 734 guests
