NCAA denies one transfer waiver; waiting on Crawford

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

NCAA denies one transfer waiver; waiting on Crawford

Postby Mr. Neutral » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:46 pm

From Gary Parrish/CBS Sportsline---

Alex Stepheson's waiver for immediate eligibility has been denied, a source close to the Southern California program confirmed to CBSSports.com on Wednesday.

Stepheson transferred from North Carolina to USC this offseason and asked the NCAA to waive the normal one-year penalty for Division I transfers because of an illness in his family that he said caused him to move closer to his Los Angeles-area home. But the NCAA, after a lengthy deliberation, ruled against Stepheson, which means he'll sit out this season before joining the Trojans in 2009-10.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: NCAA denies one transfer waiver; waiting on Crawford

Postby muskieman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:50 pm

The NCAA had allowed special hardship for illness before....maybe they are reversing direction or maybe the illness was not the same in Stepheson case.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: NCAA denies one transfer waiver; waiting on Crawford

Postby Shadow » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:35 pm

I suppose if one said "I'm sick of the NCAA", it wouldn't help.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: NCAA denies one transfer waiver; waiting on Crawford

Postby muskieman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:12 pm

Running them out on a rail is probably not the solution either is it Shadow! After properly tar and feathering them, of course!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 601 guests