David Freaking West Goes Off Again!
-
Daaa Muskies
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:07 pm
- Contact:
David Freaking West Goes Off Again!
The all-star finished with 35 points 16 Rebounds and an assist in the Hornet's 114-106 win at Indianpolis. This guy is unreal! He must be THE most underrated player in the league.
-
garvondavis14
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:51 am
- Contact:
Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!
not sure which of the three, but he SHOULD finish on one of the all-nba teams this year

-
AlabamaMuskie
- Posts: 268
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:42 am
- Contact:
Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!
I went check up on West's stats for the season and came across these articles on the front page of Yahoo's sports section:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
The former AsuncionMuskie
-
Road Warrior
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:51 am
- Contact:
Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!
I was at the Hornets/Pacer game last night and it was incredible! David met with the Muskie faithfull prior to the game and shook hands, spoke and signed autographs for a good 20+ minutes. He was extremely friendly and truly excited about the Musketeers tournament success. Then he took care of business on the court!!! He is a great ambassador for Xavier!!!
-
Biff Tannen
- Posts: 150
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:11 pm
- Contact:
Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!
I follow the NBA almost religiously, West is a good player, but I doubt that he will be All-NBA, here are players that share his position (F): Tim Duncan, Carlos Boozer, Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Dirk Nowitizki, Pau Gasol, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Caron "Tough Juice" Butler, Al Jefferson, Tyson Chandler and the list goes on and on (And to think guys like Amare Stoudemire and Dwight Howard are considered centers so West doesn't even have to compete with them for All-NBA). I think he will have a tough time cracking that list. He is a great player, but I do not think he is quite All-NBA caliber yet. The NBA is kinda loooooaaaaadddeeeed talent wise.
West just has had some bad luck in regards post season awards: TJ Ford broke out huge and won most of the POY awards DWest's senior season and during his breakout year with the Hornets, Boris Diaw turns from being a bench-warmer from the worst team in the league (ATL) to a 13-7-7 guy on the best team in the league (PHX).
But boy has proven all those teams that passed him up wrong...
West just has had some bad luck in regards post season awards: TJ Ford broke out huge and won most of the POY awards DWest's senior season and during his breakout year with the Hornets, Boris Diaw turns from being a bench-warmer from the worst team in the league (ATL) to a 13-7-7 guy on the best team in the league (PHX).
But boy has proven all those teams that passed him up wrong...
- muskieman
- Posts: 26783
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!
Player often see themselves getting a hit, shooting a foul(see Stanley) in their minds to get that confidence for success. Maybe David is remembering dayton and 47 points every time he goes out. Does he shoot better against teams that wear red?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
tmac03
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!
I was also at the game last night RW, and I'll second the sentiment that David is a great ambassador for Xavier. Um Biff, I'm not trying to question your NBA knowledge, but it's hard see that you follow it religiously when you list several players who don't play the 3 or 4 in your list of F's who David will have to battle for all-NBA honors. Lebron is sometimes listed as a forward but is realistically a guard because of the way he dominates the ball for Cleveland, and Tyson Chandler is most definitely a 5. I will agree though that it will be tough for West to make any all-NBA team with Duncan, Garnett, Nowitzki and Carmelo chewing up spots. As of now though I would put him ahead of Butler, Gasol, Jefferson, Bosh and possibly Boozer (though you could argue that one all day long).
- muskieman
- Posts: 26783
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!
Lance said he is going to try and get David on tomorrow for a little Xavier talk.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
finalfourorbust
- Posts: 1392
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:41 am
- Contact:
Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!
There is no way that all those players share the same position that West does. Tyson Chandler and West are starters on the same team, so, that would be impossible wouldn't it?Biff Tannen wrote:I follow the NBA almost religiously, West is a good player, but I doubt that he will be All-NBA, here are players that share his position (F): Tim Duncan, Carlos Boozer, Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Dirk Nowitizki, Pau Gasol, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Caron "Tough Juice" Butler, Al Jefferson, Tyson Chandler and the list goes on and on (And to think guys like Amare Stoudemire and Dwight Howard are considered centers so West doesn't even have to compete with them for All-NBA). I think he will have a tough time cracking that list. He is a great player, but I do not think he is quite All-NBA caliber yet. The NBA is kinda loooooaaaaadddeeeed talent wise.
West just has had some bad luck in regards post season awards: TJ Ford broke out huge and won most of the POY awards DWest's senior season and during his breakout year with the Hornets, Boris Diaw turns from being a bench-warmer from the worst team in the league (ATL) to a 13-7-7 guy on the best team in the league (PHX).
But boy has proven all those teams that passed him up wrong...
-
finalfourorbust
- Posts: 1392
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:41 am
- Contact:
Re: David Freaking West Goes Off Again!
West is still very young and just continues to get better. We don't know where his peak will be. Some of those guys are getting old in the tooth and are starting the downhill side of their careers. If the Hornets keep winning David will eventually get his recognition.tmac03 wrote:I was also at the game last night RW, and I'll second the sentiment that David is a great ambassador for Xavier. Um Biff, I'm not trying to question your NBA knowledge, but it's hard see that you follow it religiously when you list several players who don't play the 3 or 4 in your list of F's who David will have to battle for all-NBA honors. Lebron is sometimes listed as a forward but is realistically a guard because of the way he dominates the ball for Cleveland, and Tyson Chandler is most definitely a 5. I will agree though that it will be tough for West to make any all-NBA team with Duncan, Garnett, Nowitzki and Carmelo chewing up spots. As of now though I would put him ahead of Butler, Gasol, Jefferson, Bosh and possibly Boozer (though you could argue that one all day long).
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 580 guests
