Mizzou notes

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Mizzou notes

Postby Mr. Neutral » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:15 pm

Last season: 16-16 (6-10 B12)

Postseason last 5 years: NIT-NIT-none-none-none

Best players: 6'9" Leo Lyons, 6'8" DeMarre Carroll

Predicted conf. finish (Athlon): 7th

Predicted postseason (Athlon): NIT
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Mizzou notes

Postby muskieman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:37 pm

As I said in NUMBERS DISPEL THE CRITICS thread:
Mo will be a tough matchup, they have played 8 games or scrimmages before they meet X and it appears they can put it in the basket. With Leo Lyons scoring 25 points and DeMarre Carroll 21, both forwards, in their last game. Matt Lawrence their guard added 16. Lyons appears to be their 20+ guy per game. They have five Freshmen.

Tiller, a guard, is there best D player but turns the ball overmore than anyone else. They ahve been up and down on TOs but make fewer than X so far this season....I know it is early.

Lyons is 6'9" 244 lbs. Senior is the guy to watch inside and is a good rebounder. This will be a tough test for X.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Mizzou notes

Postby Mr. Neutral » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:45 pm

I agree. A win tomorrow would be big for a still-developing X squad. It won't come easy.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Mizzou notes

Postby muskieman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:59 pm

Certainly a trap game. Reminds me of the last 1st game in PR against Pitt.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
section200rules
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Mizzou notes

Postby section200rules » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:45 pm

Looking forward to seeing XU take on Mizzou tomorrow afternoon... Does anyone know win/lose what time they will play Friday? Not sure if I can pull off consecutive 1/2 days at work!

Which leads to another great discussion, anyone else pulling an "Opening Day" tomorrow and taking the afternoon off to watch the game? I wonder who will be doing the play-by play on ESPN U ....
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Mizzou notes

Postby Mr. Neutral » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:04 pm

Can't take the afternoon off, but I may try to catch some of the game at lunch, and then listen to the rest of it online.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Mizzou notes

Postby muskieman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:05 pm

Funny my schedule appears to be empty tomorrow afternoon.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Mizzou notes

Postby muskieman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:10 pm

Oh, because I could not go to PR as punishment, I plan on spending it in front of my 60" TV.

GO MUSKIE"S
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
CarlosTheJackal
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
Contact:

Muskies 4 point favorites

Postby CarlosTheJackal » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:15 pm

http://scores.wagerline.com/college-bas ... s.aspx?t=0

Edit: sorry I missed the Opening Line thread, would have posted it there.
MuskieCinci
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Mizzou notes

Postby MuskieCinci » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:58 pm

The game is very important for our strength of schedule. If we don't win against Missouri, we will be playing some very mediocre competition. If we win we get Virginia Tech and either Memphis or USC. We can make some big noise on the national scene this weekend, or we can be a dud for now and wait until mid December before getting noticed.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 855 guests