Last season: 16-16 (6-10 B12)
Postseason last 5 years: NIT-NIT-none-none-none
Best players: 6'9" Leo Lyons, 6'8" DeMarre Carroll
Predicted conf. finish (Athlon): 7th
Predicted postseason (Athlon): NIT
Mizzou notes
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Mizzou notes
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Mizzou notes
As I said in NUMBERS DISPEL THE CRITICS thread:
Mo will be a tough matchup, they have played 8 games or scrimmages before they meet X and it appears they can put it in the basket. With Leo Lyons scoring 25 points and DeMarre Carroll 21, both forwards, in their last game. Matt Lawrence their guard added 16. Lyons appears to be their 20+ guy per game. They have five Freshmen.
Tiller, a guard, is there best D player but turns the ball overmore than anyone else. They ahve been up and down on TOs but make fewer than X so far this season....I know it is early.
Lyons is 6'9" 244 lbs. Senior is the guy to watch inside and is a good rebounder. This will be a tough test for X.
Mo will be a tough matchup, they have played 8 games or scrimmages before they meet X and it appears they can put it in the basket. With Leo Lyons scoring 25 points and DeMarre Carroll 21, both forwards, in their last game. Matt Lawrence their guard added 16. Lyons appears to be their 20+ guy per game. They have five Freshmen.
Tiller, a guard, is there best D player but turns the ball overmore than anyone else. They ahve been up and down on TOs but make fewer than X so far this season....I know it is early.
Lyons is 6'9" 244 lbs. Senior is the guy to watch inside and is a good rebounder. This will be a tough test for X.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Mizzou notes
I agree. A win tomorrow would be big for a still-developing X squad. It won't come easy.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Mizzou notes
Certainly a trap game. Reminds me of the last 1st game in PR against Pitt.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
section200rules
- Posts: 73
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: Mizzou notes
Looking forward to seeing XU take on Mizzou tomorrow afternoon... Does anyone know win/lose what time they will play Friday? Not sure if I can pull off consecutive 1/2 days at work!
Which leads to another great discussion, anyone else pulling an "Opening Day" tomorrow and taking the afternoon off to watch the game? I wonder who will be doing the play-by play on ESPN U ....
Which leads to another great discussion, anyone else pulling an "Opening Day" tomorrow and taking the afternoon off to watch the game? I wonder who will be doing the play-by play on ESPN U ....
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Mizzou notes
Can't take the afternoon off, but I may try to catch some of the game at lunch, and then listen to the rest of it online.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Mizzou notes
Funny my schedule appears to be empty tomorrow afternoon.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Mizzou notes
Oh, because I could not go to PR as punishment, I plan on spending it in front of my 60" TV.
GO MUSKIE"S
GO MUSKIE"S
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
CarlosTheJackal
- Posts: 462
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
- Contact:
Muskies 4 point favorites
http://scores.wagerline.com/college-bas ... s.aspx?t=0
Edit: sorry I missed the Opening Line thread, would have posted it there.
Edit: sorry I missed the Opening Line thread, would have posted it there.
-
MuskieCinci
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 pm
- Contact:
Re: Mizzou notes
The game is very important for our strength of schedule. If we don't win against Missouri, we will be playing some very mediocre competition. If we win we get Virginia Tech and either Memphis or USC. We can make some big noise on the national scene this weekend, or we can be a dud for now and wait until mid December before getting noticed.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 796 guests
