Now the nerves start kicking back in

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Now the nerves start kicking back in

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:36 am

After Saturday's win over Purdue, I was so elated and relieved, I literally had a headache, but a "good" headache. Walking home from Merkle's (Wrigleyville bar where I had watched the game with a BIG contingent of X fans), it took a while for "we're back in the Sweet 16!" to sink in.

And then for the next 4 days, we sit back, relax, enjoy any publicity we get, and not have to worry about losing THAT day.

Now, gameday is upon us, and the possible end of the season is staring us in the face again, as is advancement to the Elite Eight. I'm going to get exponentially more nervous and distracted between now and gametime, to the point where by 6:10 PM (Central) tonight, I'll barely be able to function.

I'm hoping with all that's holy for a W tonight, but I want to congratulate in advance the coaching staff and the players for their hard work and accomplishments this season. It's been a great ride that we hope isn't quite over yet.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26783
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:54 am

I agree. Nerves before a important function shows you care and are not lazy about the function. I hope that X has it's A game tonight and we will all be looking at another elite eight for X and a test against UCLA possible. I want Hugs to be as perplexed as these picture,
ImageImage

GO X
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X Factor
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:17 am
Contact:

Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in

Postby X Factor » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:56 am

I've got the same nervous feelings. It's not that I'm not confident in the team, it's just the waiting all day before watching the game. The anticipation and buildup is rough.

GO MUSKIES!!

What time do we play Saturday?
Filthy Chilean
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in

Postby Filthy Chilean » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:02 am

Dick Vitale picked X over WVU.

I'm not sure how to take this.
BillyX
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:37 am
Contact:

Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in

Postby BillyX » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:19 am

Dickie V also picked UGA to top X in first round, so I'm not sure I like his predictions myself.

Goes without saying, but had Duke pulled a 2nd win out of their arse, then Dickie V. would be picking the Dukies over X without a doubt.

Go Muskies!
Okeyd57
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in

Postby Okeyd57 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:55 pm

I'm very concerned about our game tonight also. But I feel certain that the boys in Gold and Blue will get it done. You guys have a very good team, and I congratulate all X-fans for a great season. But hopefully, my Mountaineers will move on. And if we don't, then I hope you guys win it all !
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26783
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:08 pm

Thanks, we hope X wins it all too!

Should be a great game.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
portlandmuskie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in

Postby portlandmuskie » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:24 pm

I went to bed last night grateful that I was on Pacific time, knowing that my anxious wait would be less. All that was blown away, however, when I awoke (already in nervous anticipation) at 4:30AM!

Here's hoping I'll go to bed early tonight, comfortable with a belly full of good beer and my mind happy with final four dreams.

More likely I'll be watching UCLA trying to find a weakness, then be up all night because of the excitement.

Go X!
R.I.P Richard Talaska
minger
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:27 am
Contact:

Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in

Postby minger » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:52 pm

it's 6am in the morning here in Hong Kong. Just couldn't sleep all night becoz I am so nerves. I am still debating whether shall I watch the game live (from NCAA.com) or not.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26783
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Now the nerves start kicking back in

Postby muskieman » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:00 pm

It will not be long now.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 802 guests